Enter SEARCH WORD HERE to only search Grow A Gardener

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Flowers/ornamentals I will not grow again here in Lehigh

This is more of a note to myself than an official post. But then, it might help someone else.

This post will be updated, but not resent as a post, as I add plants to my list. If this list interests you, check back as I learn what DOESN'T work here in Lehigh.

These plants either died over the winter, are messy/ugly plants, or just not worth the work. Just an FYI, I don't just buy one of these plants, I get a few. So if they all die, they are not replaced. The real challenge will be the tropical summer weather.

Flowers/ornamentals I will not grow again:


Lysimachia Golden Globe




Cosmos




Route 66 Coreopsis



Crocosmia



Dahlia Motto





Spike Dracaena


Portulaca


 

Narcissus paperwhite




Kudos Silver Blue Dwarf Hummingbird Mint

In case you were wondering, I keep a bin of all my plant tags and go through them from time to time to research the plant, find the botanical name, double check spacing... and decide to write NO on them.