Enter SEARCH WORD HERE to only search Grow A Gardener

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Recipe: Stuffed Shells with Moringa and green Tomatoes

Cooking


Recipe: Stuffed Shells with Moringa and green Tomatoes















These stuffed shells may not look appetizing but tasted EXCELLENT.

A garden bed wasn't producing as I wanted it to so I tore it out and amended with rabbit manure. I'll allow the manure to break down before I plant again so as not to burn the plants.

When clearing, I harvested all the everglades tomatoes, removed the green tops, popped them whole in the blender, then heated and added onion and spices on the stovetop. The stuffing was made with equal parts of fat free cottage cheese and fat free mozzarella adding grated onion, and dried moringa/katuk/egyptian spinach instead of parsley (no egg). Shells were cooked as the box directs and stuffed with the cheese mix. Top with tomato sauce. Bake for one hour at 350ยบ until bubbly.