Enter SEARCH WORD HERE to only search Grow A Gardener

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Roasted Carrots: perfect for the sweet tooth





WOW. If you like sweet stuff you need to try roasting carrots. We had a lot of baby carrots that needed to be used up. It took 20 minutes to wash and cut them up and we ate them in seconds.

Since I like tender carrots, I halved the carrots then microwaved them with just a bit of water for 5 minutes on high, drained, then tossed in olive oil. I did this all in one glass container with a plastic lid. Transfer to a baking sheet (or not, if you don't mind scrubbing glass bakeware), sprinkle with salt, thyme and oregano, then bake at 375ยบ until just a bit charred. The carrots shrink when cooking, but their flavor is super-packed.

My roasting pans are quite rusted from age and abuse so I just cover the pan with a piece of parchment paper and it allows easy cleanup. I prefer the pans because they are larger than my glassware and the vegetables cook faster the more spread out they are when baking.