Enter SEARCH WORD HERE to only search Grow A Gardener

Friday, June 24, 2016

Recipe: pumpkin chili.



This turned out very nicely.



I started with the last of Sakata's tomatoes, a few seeded jalepenos, some scallions, and a chili pepper. These were put into the blender.



Two frozen packages of homemade salsa were added to the blender and "whirled".

In a pot, if you so choose, brown about a pound of ground beef with a diced onion.

Add blender ingredients to pot.



Add fresh and/or dried beans or lima beans and whatever.

I added Madagascar lima beans, butter beans, yard long bean seeds, and eggplant.



Add raw/frozen pumpkin. (This bag was marked for something else but never used. I can't throw stuff away just for that.)

Add a hefty amount of salt-free taco seasoning. See below for my recipe.

Cook on super low until all is tender. On my stovetop this is just above warm setting. Adjust with tomato paste, salt and sweetener. I added to my bowl my favorite hot sauce and REAL grated cheddar.



UMMMMM. This is a keeper use for pumpkin.